Wednesday, June 27, 2012

ONE DAY

The other day my Homeschooled son, Elijah, said to me, "You know, you're the kind of mom who doesn't tell their child they're doing good for no good reason. You're the kind of mom who makes their child grow up to be somebody responsible."


That just touched my heart in a deep way which would be too boring to explain, however? (^^) In those tough times when EYE AM being that no nonsense mother, I'm sure my son would have anything to say to or about me but COMPLIMENTS. Matter of a fact, during those moments when I must reign in his natural immature tendency to want get away with EVERYTHING, I'm pretty sure that one day he'll write his own Tell All book where he portrays me as "MOMMIE DEAREST'. And although there'll be no wire hangers, no blood curdling screams nor dripping scary make-up, along with the amazing Black fact of me never having raised a hand to use upon his SACRED Person as punishment, because I have patiently chosen to show him the SUPERIORITY OF MIND over FIST...


I am sure that though that book will show me to have been one HECK OF A MEAN MOM, according to the imagination of a child who couldn't get away with a THANG (^^)? It will ALSO contain


NO PROFANITY


NO PORTRAYAL OF BLACK WOMEN AS UGLY, WHORES OR BITCHES, ONLY AS QUEENS


NO IGNORANCE OF OUR POWERFUL BLACK HISTORY NOR OUR MORE POWERFUL DESTINY


NO SELF HATRED


NO LOVE OF VIOLENCE WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING THE CONSEQUENCES


NO LOVE OF SUBSTANCE ABUSE


NO PORTRAYAL OF CASUAL SEX WITHOUT KNOWING THOSE CONSEQUENCES, TOO


NO LOVE OF THIS SICK WESTERN CULTURE, LET ALONE A DESIRE TO DATE OR MARRY THE ENEMY


Yup. Don't ask me how, but I'm pretty doggone certain, as I already see the Man in the child to whom I brought a FEROCIOUS MOTHER'S KINDNESS along with that No Games Toughness. If I get painted as the 'bad' guy in a Tell All book like that? Then I'mma hand him a GIGANTIC BRUSH and buy all the paint he needs. Black Paint. Black as a Triple Dark Night.

1 comment:

  1. Hey gonna unsubscribe. If you want to stay in touch you know how to reach me :-)
    Wishing you peace and good health.

    Bye

    Lisa G

    ReplyDelete