Thursday, March 8, 2012

HA! MY SON READ THIS BOOK, TOO!!!

This is no exaggeration. This may not be my son, but this is OUR HOME, a complete LOVE OF LEARNING HAVEN.

And oh, I so KNOW that sometimes You cannot, especially the single moms. But for REAL? HOMESCHOOL, HOMESCHOOL, HOMESCHOOL!!! 

I don't know WHAT there is even tiiiiiime to teach in a classroom within ALL of 45 minutes per subject! How can one insist on LEARNING for every child when mastery of a topic takes massive FOCUS. And then it's a given at least 15 of those minutes are caught up in preparation and maintaining order between dozens of Children who the teacher BARELY knows. Of C-O-U-R-S-E vast numbers fall through that gigantic gapping CRACK.

I recently enlisted the HONORED services of an AMAZING math teacher who is in the middle of opening his own school with other Conscious Black Teachers FED UP with the limits of the concocted public system. (The Paulo Freire Charter School in Newark, 973-736-1470). He is helping my very NORMAL son in those areas that are beyond my indoctrinated confusion in mathematics. And he said (despite mom's limited ability, Elijah has managed to learn a bunch of math - I say that part, not him ^^) - he said, "Elijah, you know concepts that some 8th graders don't get. If you apply yourself, in 4 months, you'll be learning math at the 8th or 9th grade level."

My son should currently be in the FOURTH GRADE.

Whoa. Lemme repeat this as I don't know if I said it loud enough -

HOMESCHOOL, HOMESCHOOL,

H
O
M
E
S
C
H
O
O
L
!!!!!!

Even if You doubt Yourself, You are bound to do better than a public school cause?

YOU LOVE YOUR CHILD LIKE NOBODY'S BIZNESS.

2 comments:

  1. Peace Sis! Nice blog. Just stepping off FB to meet you on your turf lol. Keep up the good work!

    ~Shabazz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why I am so THRILLED, Sister Queen! It is a relief, having freedom to be myself.

      Delete