Saturday, March 24, 2012

CAN TRAYVON COME OUT TO PLAY?




CAN TRAYVON COME OUT TO PLAY?

So what do We Black Parents DO?
Tell Our SUNS to never go outside?
Burn them up from within, as they hide under the bed,
or in a cupboard
like We used to do to Our Black Men,
whenever the bullets came with a white dunce's cap,
and a matching dunce's robe,
insignia-fied with three letters
that also spell
KICK
This Real Terrorist Three Times Till He's Dead
and can cause Us no MORE HARM?

So what do We Black Parents DO
if this is really the LAST TIME We will stand for this?
The Laaaaast Time until WHAT?

We forget once again?
Cause Life is a Merciless Sentence
that goes on and on and on
past Our New Year's Resolutions
that don't know anymore when Afrikan New Year Begins.

Or is this the Last Time before We think what a Mother,
a Father, a Family, a Neighborhood, Community -
what a Nation is FOR.
So that my individual PRECIOUS Bright Sunshine
can go OUTSIDE
FREE
to Radiate
His Brilliance with YOURS,
without Solar Eclipses,
that never end
when they come from the barrel of a Gun.

What the HECK Do I Do?
When I don't wear hoodies, as they aren't my style.
And I would NEVER drink or eat Skittles or Arizona Tea
as I know these products,
from vaccines to fun
are the New Poisoned Blankets.

But I do write pretty okay
and am near halfway done with a book
which if it sells?
I'll use it to care for my Beloveds,
STILL LIVING Sun and All,
then seed the Nation Building Dreams
of others in my Black World.

That is a much better Friend to me and mine,
Than those who expect me to do nothing
but beg them to stop.
Which they?

Never do.

But that's what I DO to forge Our Black Nation.
What do YOU...?

Do You knit, carve, weave, fix, or heal?
Do You have even one Brick that lays a FOUNDATION
for a Dream We keep on talking about,
when we need to wake up and rise to see
Dead People Can't Stand.

Let alone crawl.

What do You Do,
And who do You Buy From that supports
the meaning of Civilization,
which has a better chance of STAYING Civilized
IF IT GIVES A DAMN ABOUT YOU AND YOURS
CAUSE YOU AND YOURS EASILY FLOW INTO

O
U
R
S

and We,
and Us,
Beautiful
Black US keeping Our Babies SAFE to Glow with Happiness
Forever and a Day without

fear.




Ajali Shabazz aka Renee Beggsmith, for the white man's records. March 24, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment